The Perks of Treating PsA Naturally
I will be honest; I used to think people who chose natural treatments over pharmaceutical ones were crazy. Well, now that I am one of those crazies I would like to share some of the perks that come along with it.
No medication restrictions
- No prescription needed. There is no need to wait weeks or months to see a doctor to have access to my supplements or other natural products.
- I, not my insurance company, approve which medications I take. Yes, I pay more than I would if I purchased their approved medications, but only if based on one prescription. Overall, I spend less than I did when staying within my health insurance plan.
- I choose which brands or companies that I wish to purchase my supplements and medical marijuana (MMJ) from. These companies woo and provide incentives to us, the patients, not our doctors or insurance companies.
More time, more money
- No need to visit my doctor every month. Because I no longer need a prescription for my pain meds, the amount of visits I make to my doctors are fewer than before.
- I spend less money. In addition to less doctor appointments, I am in the ER less often because of prescription side effects. And even though my natural remedies cost more than my insurance copays, I don’t have to keep adding prescriptions to combat side effects.
Improved health and safety
- My overall health has improved. By making changes to how I eat and how I treat my conditions, my overall inflammation level has decreased and I am no longer considered pre-diabetic. Where in the past my medications were creating more problems in addition to my chronic conditions.
- Can’t overdose with MMJ. A person would have to smoke 1500 pounds of pot in less than 15 minutes to overdose.
- One med does the same as multiple prescriptions. MMJ works as my pain reliever, anti-depressant, anxiety medication, anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxer, nausea medication, sleep aid, and so much more.
- Instead of waiting to pick up my meds at a pharmacy filled with a bunch of sickly people, I go to farmers markets and dispensaries.
- I am not limited to a particular form of medication. I can purchase cannabis in pill form, oil, tinctures, edibles, wax, or in its natural state.
Were you ever misdiagnosed before being diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis (PsA)?