No light at the end of the tunnel

I understand that most don’t know what is like living with this disease and I’m okay with that. That’s why I’m here. I feel alone. I was diagnosed three years ago, started Humira six months ago. It has helped a little with flare ups and took care of the psoriasis. I have arthritis in my back and feet among other inflammatory issues…and depression, anxiety. I have a great team of doctors and a wonderful family. My bed had been my friend the past five days. I have a herniated disc to have surgery on soon and the arthritis damage in my back doesn’t help. Fed up and over it. I’m 35. I hate not being there for the ones I love.

Comments

View Comments (6)
  • Jax53
    7 months ago

Hi, Krislyyn, am not sure that spelling is correct, for which I apologise, I have had this for 20 years, could have been longer, but, I know that it causes multi-joint invasion, I am getting lumps on my fingers and my toes, I’m guessing it is nodules because they are painful, My hands are covered in blisters, and my feet are so sore, It feels like my Ankles are being chewed on, the pain is constant and niggly, I am thinking of you, I will say a prayer for you, I wish I knew about this when I was dioagnosed, it would have been easier.

• Jax53
    7 months ago

I Have heard about this Medicine, where did you get it? does it help? I will see my Doctor again soon, and will ask about this meds, Was it Rheumatology? or Dermatology?

• KrisLyn909 author
    8 months ago

I worked for orthopedics for almost 10 years before I became I’ll. I’m treating it at home the best way I know how until then.

• KrisLyn909 author
    8 months ago

I’m learning to say no. I’m gaining acceptance of who I am now. I see the surgeon on the 22nd. I’m just starting to move around a bit more today, it’s been a week almost. I appreciate the support. I need more people like me to talk to who understand what it’s like feeling sick most the time. I’m glad I signed up on here.

• CathyD moderator
    8 months ago

It’s so rotten when you are stuck in bed, @krislyn909 🙁 Do you have a date for the surgery? I’m sending lots of love you way <3 - Catherine, Community Moderator

• Cindie
    8 months ago

@krislyn909
    I had my 1st back surgery at 34, I am now 48 yrs old, 9 back surgeries in & have had PsA for who knows how long but have been diagnosed in the last 6 months. I know exactly how you are feeling & can tell you from experience that you need to focus on you & taking care of you. I was the one who always helped everyone anyway I could but in the last year I have learned to say no, I’m sorry my body won’t allow me to do that. So take it from someone who has been & still in your shoes, you have to take care of you first & foremost.