Community Question: Lumps underneath skin on fingers?

From community member @livinginpain:
I have a question if anyone can help. In the past few weeks, I have noticed the 1st finger joints on both hands crack & pop, the other thing is on the side of my pointer fingers & have these painful lumps that feel like blisters under the skin but they aren’t blisters. Any thoughts on this??? Thanks

Community Answers
  • Leanne Donaldson
    1 week ago

    Hello @livinginpain, there are things called “rheumatoid nodules” that are often associated with RA as opposed to PsA. However, many of the other symptoms overlap and sometimes (as is in my case) people have both PsA and RA. Luckily, many of the treatment options for both overlap. Here is a great article from our sister site, about RA nodules. Either way, it is certainly worth a mention and check with your rheumy who may be able to run further tests to aid is diagnosis and treatment. 🙂
    Wishing you all the best! -Leanne, Community Moderator

  • will
    1 week ago

    I have a lump in the back of my knee

  • Cindie
    2 weeks ago

    Thank you, I guess it’s time to call my Rheumatologist again. 🙁

  • Jax53
    2 weeks ago maybe nodules?? I have had some start to appear on my finger joints and boy are they painful, I have a huge nodule on my thumb toes and other finger joints, I even have a nodule that moves, Have you a picture?

  • Share Your Answer