caret icon Back to all discussions

9 weeks on Cimzia - should be feeling it?

Anyone else been taking it, any rough ideas on how long it took to 'kick in'?
I really want to wean myself off the 8-12 Advil per day. Really.

1. I am on stelara injections and methotrexate and I just got CBD oil. The pain is better and I am now also rubbing it on my joints, seems to help.

1. I have the same question. I'm on Cimzia and have been for 8 weeks (including the loading doses). I have apparently developed a terrible flare with Achilles tendonitis left heel and also carpal tunnel in my left hand. Not to mention the knee pain in both knees. When will this pain ever end?

1. I am now 10 weeks into cimzia and still struggling with an awful flare - how are you getting on? I’m afraid it is having no effect

I have had numerous flares in my knees over the years and the pattern is always, I live with it for a few weeks, it never goes away and I get a steroid injection and aspiration and I am happy again.

This time, swelling stared in second week of jan, I eventually had an injection on the 8th feb but it just has not settled. The injection was difficult and they were not able to aspirate but now say they won’t do another.

The pain and swelling is really getting me down - it has been 8/9 weeks now and it is not settling.

I switched from humira to cimzia arounD the time of the flare up (with the intention of stopping my knee flare ups which I still had on humira every 6 months.)

Please read our rules before posting.